Amendment C133: Development Contributions Plan Overlay
About Amendment C133 Development Contributions Plan Overlay
The Moreland Development Contributions Plan (DCP) imposes a development infrastructure levy and/or a community infrastructure levy to fund a range of social and physical infrastructure throughout the municipality.
The DCP includes capital infrastructure projects such as roads, drainage, footpath, streetscape works as well as community infrastructure projects, such as child care centres, Maternal and Child Health Centres and neighbourhood houses. The infrastructure is required to cope with the growing population of the municipality and the consequential increased demand on infrastructure.
The amendment affects all land within the City of Moreland and:
- applies the Development Contribution Plan Overlay (DCPO) to all land within the municipality
- introduces the DCPO at Clause 45.06 of the Moreland Planning Scheme and Schedule 1 to the overlay (DCPO1)
- amends Council’s Municipal Strategic Statement at Clauses 21.05-2 Industry and Commerce, 21.05-5 Urban Design, Urban Character and Street Landscapes, 21.5-7 Community and Leisure Services Facilities and 21.05-10 Infrastructure by introducing new strategies and referencing the Moreland Development Contributions Plan 2012
- amends the Schedule to Clause 61.03
- replaces the schedule to Clause 81.01 with a new schedule to incorporate the Moreland Development Contribution Plan 2015 (PDF 4Mb) into the Moreland Planning Scheme, and
- insert 15 new Planning Scheme Maps: 1DCPO, 2DCPO, 3DCPO, 4DCPO, 5DCPO, 6DCPO, 7DCPO, 8DCPO, 9DCPO, 10DCPO, 11DCPO, 12DCPO, 13DCPO, 14DCPO, 15DCPO.
Status (November 2015)
Amendment C133 was gazetted on 19 November 2015 and the Overlay comes into effect from this date.
Council consideration and adoption of Amendment
On 11 February 2015 Council considered the recommendations of the Panel's report and resolved to adopt the amendment with changes.
The following amendment documents were submitted to the Minister for Planning for approval on 10 April 2015:
- Clause 45.06 Development Contribution Plan Overlay - 3 March 2015 (DOC 32Kb)
- Clause 45.06 Development Contribution Plan Overlay Schedule 1 - 31 March 2015 (DOC 3Mb)
- Clause 61.03 - 3 March 2015 (DOC 1010Kb)
- Clause 81.01 - 3 March 2015 (DOC 40Kb)
- Contents Page - 3 March 2015 (DOC 1Mb)
- Explanatory Report - 3 March 2015 (DOC 48Kb)
- Instruction Sheet - 3 March 2015 (DOC 43Kb)
- C133 - 001DCPO Map001 (PDF 158Kb)
- C133 - 002DCPO Map002 (PDF 359Kb)
- C133 - 003DCPO Map003 (PDF 300Kb)
- C133 - 004DCPO Map004 (PDF 252Kb)
- C133 - 005DCPO Map005 (PDF 201Kb)
- C133 - 006DCPO Map006 (PDF 248Kb)
- C133 - 007DCPO Map007 (PDF 476Kb)
- C133 - 008DCPO Map008 (PDF 351Kb)
- C133 - 009DCPO Map009 (PDF 264Kb)
- C133 - 010DCPO Map010 (PDF 282Kb)
- C133 - 011DCPO Map011 (PDF 420Kb)
- C133 - 012DCPO Map012 (PDF 272Kb)
- C133 - 013DCPO Map013 (PDF 179Kb)
- C133 - 014DCPO Map014 (PDF 352Kb)
- C133 - 015DCPO Map015 (PDF 314Kb)
For further information relating to the amendment process, contact Council's Strategic Planning Unit on 9240 2422 or email Strategic Planning.