Property in Residential Growth Zone
|Current zone||Residential Growth Zone Schedule 1|
|Proposed zone||Residential Growth Zone Schedule 2|
This property will:
- be part of Residential Growth Zone Schedule 2, and
- be subject to Residential Growth Zone 2 and new Design and Development Overlay (Schedule 24) building design controls.
What does this mean?
- The maximum building height for new development will change from a discretionary 13.5 metres (up to 4 storeys) to a mandatory 13.5 metres (up to 4 storeys).
- Buildings set back 3 metres to front street boundary.
- Side and rear setbacks to provide daylight access, outlook and natural ventilation for dwellings and landscaping.
- ResCode applies to any property next to General Residential or Neighbourhood Residential Zone.
- Reduced impact of vehicle access and car parking on public realm.
- Tree planting in front, side and rear setbacks
- Overlooking minimised through building design, and
- Minimum 2 metre balcony width.
View the full Design and Development Overlay provisions (DOC 4Mb).