Moreland's planning process is digital
We’ve said farewell to piles of paperwork and waiting for the postie. From Monday 28 August 2017, our planning process is digital.
From start to finish our digital process helps save time, with everything you need at your fingertips. This means no more hardcopy paperwork, instant lodgement and 24/7 access to information.
You need to first register as a user of Council Online Services to use our online planning processes.
For large companies we recommend using a single generic email address, login and password, so all your applications can be accessed from the one place.
Setting up your account takes 1 business day, but from this point on you can lodge applications 24 hours a day, seven days a week and take advantage of other digital services during the planning process.
Digitising the entire process
If you've used our online planning services in the past, you know that there were some applications you could already do online.
From Monday 28 August 2017, we filled in the gaps to make the whole process, from start to finish, digital.
What you can do online
Once you are registered with Council Online Services, sign in to use our online planning services:
- Request a pre-application planning meeting
- Submit a new planning application and pay fees online
- Apply to amend a planning application
- Apply for an extension of time
- Apply to amend a planning permit, including secondary consent
- View the status of a planning application
- View advertised plans
- Upload the statutory declaration and photo required after advertising
- Object to a planning permit
- Upload plans and reports to satisfy permit conditions
- Planning property enquiries
Online saves time
Council Planning team now operates digitally and staff do not work with hard copy documents.
When you submit an application online and upload digital files, they go directly into our system and we can begin processing.
If we receive a hard copy planning application, we must first scan all documents and plans before we can begin processing the application.
New planning permit applications
- You no longer need to print large plans or pay for postage.
- Communication with planners can all be done online.
- Once a decision is made, there is instant access to your planning permit and any endorsed plans.
- All plans and reports that form part of the application are available online during public notice. Residents who may be affected by an application still receive a notice by post.
Feel free to contact Council on 9240 1111 if you have any questions.