Moreland technical notes
Purpose of the technical notes
Moreland technical notes are used by Council and also provide guidance to developers on Council’s accepted standards and construction methods.
Moreland technical notes are the primary reference for selecting, constructing and maintaining engineering, street and landscape details. They create an integrated document to facilitate construction in streets and public spaces in Moreland.
One-off furniture pieces or details for special projects or areas may still be implemented within high profile or significant projects. It should be established during the scoping stage of a project as to whether the technical notes will apply to a particular project, refer to 4.3 Approving Exceptions in the introduction section (PDF 1Mb) of Moreland Technotes.
Who can use the technical notes?
Moreland’s technical notes provide a list of design details with reference to standard drawings to assist in constructions within Moreland’s streets and public spaces. Please note that Council approval and permit are required for works carried out in public areas, before construction begins.
Technical notes can be used by:
- External contractors and suppliers tendering or delivering Council projects
- External engineering consultants working for Council
- Council officers involved in capital project construction, maintenance, cleansing, and development application process
- Developers undertaking footpath reinstatements, and
- Property owners for maintenance of driveways and nature strips.
Overview of the technical notes
The technical notes are divided in three main parts, :
The colour coding on the technical notes indicates where specific technical notes are applicable (see figure 2 for the breakdown of various elements). Please refer to the table of contents (PDF 92Kb):
- General - Includes technical notes applicable to entire Moreland City Council area.
- Park - Includes technical notes specifically designed for green open spaces within Moreland.
- Activity Centres - Includes technical notes specifically designed for Activity Centres in Moreland. This includes Coburg Activity Centre, Brunswick Activity Centre, Glenroy Activity Centre and Neighbourhood/Local Activity Centres.
Download the Moreland technical notes package
You can download the combined technical notes (Part A, B and C) or each part separately.
Figure 1 The location where technical notes apply across Moreland
Figure 2 The colour coding on the technical notes indicates where specific technical notes are applicable
If you have any questions regarding the technical notes contact Council. We are also interested in your feedback to improve the document.
There are some documents that are only available as PDFs on this page. If you have trouble opening or viewing a PDF document, you can contact us through our contact web page and we will arrange to provide the information in a format that suits your needs. You can also go to our accessibility web page to find out further details.