Work zone parking restrictions
When can I apply for a work zone parking restriction?
You can apply for a work zone parking restriction when you are undertaking building works and require parking next to the building site.
For us to give the work zone parking restriction, the application need to meet the following conditions:
- There is sufficient width abutting the property to fit the work zone, so that the zone will not be in front of another resident’s property.
- There are not any ‘No stopping’ restrictions in the proposed location.
- There are no Clearway operating times in the proposed location.
- We receive no more than 2 written objections to the introduction of the work zone restrictions from residents in the street. We will send a letter to neighbouring residents advising them of the proposed restrictions.
- Only vehicles necessary for works at the site (such as trucks and trade vehicles carrying essential equipment) can park in the work zone. The restrictions are not to be used for commuter employee parking.
A work zone parking restriction will only be issued along one side of the property, even where the work zone has multiple boundaries.
How much does a work zone parking restrictions application cost?
The fee is reviewed annually.
$757.25 including GST- This includes the occupation of up to 2 standard dimensioned parking bays (12 metres if the parking is parallel).
$35 per week for extra bays - If you need more parking spaces for essential work vehicles, you will need to pay an extra $35 per week for each additional bay.
How to apply for work zone parking restrictions
What you need
You will need to provide:
- Building site address
- Map of requested location of work zone
- Operating hours that the restrictions are to apply (typically Monday to Friday 7 am - 4 pm, Saturday 9 am - 1 pm)
- Length of time of the construction works (up to 12 months)
- Invoicing details, including an address and ABN.
How to apply
Apply for a Temporary Road Occupation permit online.