Business parking permits
Who can apply
Business Parking permits are issued to business personnel operating at a permanent address within the City of Moreland who require their vehicle to be parked close to their work address.
Council can issue up to 2 Business Parking permits per property. However, properties with an off-street parking space on their property are only eligible for 1 permit.
Businesses with 2 or more off-street parking spaces are ineligible for a Business Parking permit.
Temporary businesses are not entitled to Business Parking permits. Council's Parking Management Policy (DOC 188Kb) provides further details.
Where you can park with a permit
The area for business parking is limited to a specific zone, indicated by a ‘Business Zone’ sign.
A permit does not guarantee there will be a parking space available in the allocated Business Zone area.
Where to display a parking permit
Put your Business Parking permit in a holder provided by Council in the lower left-hand side of the vehicle's windscreen.
A Business Parking permit application incurs a fee. This fee is reviewed yearly.
The fee for 2018-19 is $127.30 for the first permit and $190.95 for the second permit (maximum of 2).
Six monthly pro-rata fees are payable for permit applications received after 28 February 2018.
Business Parking permits expire annually on 31 August. You need to renew your Business Parking permit each year.
How to apply for a Business Parking permit
To apply for a Business Parking permit you need to provide the following documents as proof of your business tenancy in Moreland:
- Business registration document (ABN details) or Utility bill in the business name, and
- Rates notice in the business name or lease agreement in the business name.
Note that a mobile phone bill is not accepted as proof of tenancy.
Apply by email
- Complete the Business Parking permit application form (DOC 64Kb).
- Scan the completed application form and proof of business tenancy.
- Submit the application form with scanned attachments and proof of business tenancy.
When your application has been processed, you will receive an invoice via email, which you can pay online or in person.
Apply by mail or in person
- Complete the Business Parking permit application form (DOC 62Kb).
- Lodge your completed application form, proof of business tenancy and the registration fee at a Council Customer Service Centre. Alternatively, mail the application form, a copy of proof of business tenancy and a cheque or money order to Moreland City Council, Locked Bag 10, Moreland 3058.
What happens after you apply
Once your application has been received, staff in the Council Traffic Management Unit will review the application.
If the application is approved, you will receive the permit(s) in the mail.
If your application is not successful, you will be advised in writing by Council.
Renew a Business Parking permit
You will receive a renewal notice from Council in the mail. Once you pay the renewal fee, your Business Parking permit will be renewed and sent by mail. Until you receive the renewed permit, you need to park legally and observe parking restrictions in the street.
- Renew a business parking permit online by Visa or MasterCard.
- You need the 'Application number' on your renewal statement.
For other payment options visit Business Parking permit renewal payment.
Transfer a Business Parking permit
A Business Parking permit can be transferred to another vehicle to allow multiple staff members to use it.
Lost or damaged parking permit
If you lose or damage your parking permit complete a statutory declaration and pay an administration fee of $26.50 for each permit that you need to be replaced.
Council will cancel your old permit(s) and issue you with a new one.
A free replacement permit will be issued if your vehicle has been stolen and you can provide a copy of the police report.