What do we use our social media pages for?
Our social media pages are spaces for Council to share information with the community, and for community members to talk to Council and each other.
We encourage you to use these pages to get involved in conversations about Moreland, and how we can make it better.
Guidelines for posting on our social media pages
Material posted on our social media pages must not:
- Be defamatory, offensive, unlawful, obscene, racist, abusive, threatening, harassing or hateful.
- Name members of the public or employees. Please send these details via private message.
- Be irrelevant - posts on our social media pages must relate to Moreland or Moreland City Council, and comments must relate to the original post.
- Infringe on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property or privacy rights.
- Be posted, in the same form, more than once (i.e. spamming).
- Be unrelated to the original post.
We will delete posts or comments that violate these rules.
- Racist and hurtful comments will not be tolerated and users will be banned.
- Council reserves the right to delete or hide comments which contravenes its guidelines.
- Council reserves the right to ban users who breach these guidelines, without providing a warning.
Social media during a Council election period
Council will also delete any comments made by candidates on any of Council's social media pages.
Candidates are not allowed to comment on any posts or respond to residents from a Moreland Council social media platform.
Comments/posts/mentions made by members of the public on a Moreland City Council page that promote a candidate will also be deleted.
You can read more on our Privacy page.