Information last updated: 23 December 2021
The full list and details of COVID-19 restrictions
The most up-to-date and and complete list of COVID-19 restrictions in place for Moreland is on the Victorian Government Coronavirus website. This website will provide all the details for the restrictions and how to follow them.
Summary of current COVID-19 restrictions
Almost all restrictions have eased for fully vaccinated Victorians, but some COVID-19 risks still remain.
There are things we can all do to make ourselves and others safer. As you live and work, remember these COVIDSafe principles:
- You can leave home for any reason and travel anywhere in Victoria.
- You can travel interstate subject to the entry requirements of the state you are travelling to, which are available using the COVID-19 restriction checker tool on the Health Direct website.
- Masks will be mandatory in all indoor venues outside the home, for Victorians eight years and over, from 11:59pm on 23 December. More information about where masks are required is on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website.
- You can reduce risks by maintaining 1.5m distance from others where possible, using hand sanitisers and practising good hygiene. Consider opening windows to let the fresh air blow through or catching up with friends outside, as ventilation and air filtration can help to reduce risks.
- You need to and isolate until you get a negative result if you have COVID-19 symptoms or if you have been advised to get tested by a contact, workplace, or school.
- You need to quarantine if you have COVID-19, or you are on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website. . If your symptoms get rapidly worse, please seek help and visit the hospital if it’s an emergency. More information about what to do if you test positive for COVID-19 is available
- You must check-in everywhere you visit using the Service Victoria App, no matter how long you spend at that location.
- You will need to show evidence of being on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website. People with valid medical exceptions issued by an authorised medical practitioner and people aged under 18 are excepted. to enter many venues. You can find out more about showing this evidence
- Get vaccinated to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your community. If you aren’t fully vaccinated, you’re at a much higher risk of needing to go to the hospital. You can book a vaccination appointment on the Victorian Government's Vaccine booking website.
For social gatherings the following restrictions apply:
There are no limits to the number of people you can gather with in your home or in public places (e.g. a park or a beach).
The Victorian Government strongly recommends that everyone who you are gathering at your home or in a public place is fully vaccinated.
Translations of the full list of COVID-19 restrictions
Translations of the current restrictions are available on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website.
Full list of COVID-19 testing sites
A full list of the places you can get a COVID-19 test is available on the Victorian Government Coronavirus website.
If you have any symptoms, no matter how mild, you should get tested for COVID-19.
Full list of COVID-19 vaccination sites
A list of the sites in Moreland where you can get a COVID-19 vaccination is on our COVID-19 vaccinations page.
A full list of all the COVID-19 vaccination sites in Victoria is on the Victorian Government's Coronavirus website.
Support for people experiencing distress
If you are distressed or need someone to talk to you can call, the following resources are available:
- Beyond Blue: call 1800 512 348 or use their online chat service on the Beyond Blue website
- Lifeline: call 13 11 14 or use their online crisis chat service on the Lifeline website
Emergency relief options
If you are directly impacted by COVID-19 (e.g. in mandatory isolation and needing food, material aid or financial assistance) you can call the Victorian COVID-19 hotline on 1800 675 398.
You can also call our Moreland COVID-19 support line if you need assistance with any of the following:
- support if you are in mandatory isolation
- help with booking a COVID-19 vaccine
- referrals for our in-home vaccination program
- free taxi bookings to get a vaccine, for those with low mobility and low income
Call 8311 4140 to speak to one of our staff. We are here for you, Moreland.
If you need information about food relief, family violence prevention and support, emergency housing, or financial support you can find this on our Local COVID-19 support page.
You can find out more about other supports that are available to you on the Victorian Government Coronavirus website.
Council services are subject to changes
Our priority is the health and safety of our community and staff, and with this in mind we continue to make decisions that may impact the way we deliver our services, events and programs.
You can find out how council services are impacted by the current restriction on our Council service changes page.