Skip to content


  • Our eServices website will be unavailable from 2pm on Thursday 30 June until 7am on Friday 1 July for End of Financial Year activities. This includes payments, lodgements, animal registrations and customer requests.

Pensioner rebates

You may be eligible to receive a rebate on your rates for your principal place of residence if you hold a current:

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Gold Card - Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI), or
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Gold Card - War Widow (WW).

If you have previously applied for the rebate, the amount will be automatically deducted from your rates notice. There is no need to reapply if your circumstances have not changed.

For the 2021-22 financial year, the maximum rebate amount is $247. Eligible pensioners will also receive a $50 rebate on their Fire Services Levy.

Apply for a pensioner rebate

Complete a Municipal Rates and Charges Concession application form available from the Department of Human Services.

Submit the form:

  • Email rates the application form with a scanned attachment of your concession card
  • Mail the form and a copy of your concession card to Moreland City Council, Locked Bag 10, Moreland VIC 3058
  • Bring your concession card and form to a Customer Service Centre

We will conduct an online verification with Centrelink to confirm your eligibility. The name on your pensioner concession card must match our system exactly.

The $50 Health Care Card rebate is no longer available.

Contact the Centrelink Concessions Information Line on 132 300 for more information on concessions.