What to do if you lose your pet
If your pet is missing contact our pound provider Epping Animal Welfare Facility. The facility is operated by the RSPCA.
Epping Animal Welfare Facility
RSPCA VIC Epping, 20 Companion Place, Epping, 3076
Phone: 8401 6600
What else you can do
- Ask your neighbours if they have seen your pet
- Check your property including any hiding places
- List your pet on a local community lost animals Facebook page such as Lost and Found Pets and Animals Moreland
Help prevent your pet from getting lost
To help prevent losing your pet, make sure you:
- Microchip and register your dog or cat so we can locate you if your pet is found
- Put name tags on your pet with a contact phone number
- Check fences so your pet cannot escape and close gates
- Keep your pet inside at night
What to do if you find a lost animal
If you find an animal and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you must contact us as soon as possible. If you call after hours, you will be directed to our after hours service.
- It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
- It is important to be cautious when approaching strange animals. A lost animal may be afraid and attack, so if you are unsure leave any contact to Council officers.
- If the animal is friendly, contain it as soon as possible with a leash or on your property. This will ensure it is safe from traffic or any other dangers.
- If you find a native Australian animal, call Wildlife Rescue on 1300 094 535
What happens to the animal I found?
All dogs and cats found in Moreland are taken to Epping Animal Welfare Facility.
Release fees are payable to RSPCA prior to collecting your animal.