Information about reopening
The health and safety of our community and staff remains our highest priority as we re-open some branches and resume some of our services. This means there are changes to the way our libraries operate, including strict hygiene and physical distancing rules.
Here is what you need to know.
- Brunswick, Coburg, Fawkner and Glenroy libraries are open with some changes to opening days and times. Please check our Location and hours web page for more information.
- The maximum number of visitors at each library is 150.
- For contact tracing purposes, you will need to check in using your mobile phone and the QR code on display (you may need to download the Service Victoria app). If you do not have a smart phone, please see library staff who will be able to take your details using your library card or name and phone number.
- There will also be some other measures in place – things like taking card payments only, increased cleaning, borrowing only via the self-service kiosks, and returns only via the external returns chutes. These measures will be signposted and communicated upon entry.
- If you are unwell, do not visit. We cannot stress this enough.
- You can reserve items in the library catalogue, or you can call us to arrange the reservation of items. You will receive an email when your items are ready to collect.
- A limited number of PCs will be available, and sessions will be restricted to a maximum of 1 hour per day. There’ll be no exceptions or extensions to the time limit. We are not able to help you use the PCs unless we can do so from a 1.5 metre distance.
- You can return items through the external returns chutes at Brunswick, Coburg, Fawkner and Glenroy libraries. We strongly encourage you to practice good hand hygiene in the library and after handling library items.
- Photocopying, scanning and printing facilities are available.
- Limited individual study spaces are available. Group study facilities are not available.
- Some programs will start to happen in person at the libraries, while some will continue online. In-person programs need to be booked via EventBrite. For full details of both online and in-person events, check our What's On for adult events and our pre-school programs for children.
Finally, we are all continuing to navigate these unprecedented times together and we may need to make further adjustments along the way as we slowly progress toward pre-COVID-19 services.
We thank you for your continued understanding, patience and support as we reopen libraries and resume services.