Library closure FAQs
All of our libraries will be closed from 5pm on Tuesday 17 March until further notice as a proactive measure to protect community and staff health and safety in relation to COVID-19.
We have prepared a helpful list of FAQs to support you during our library closure.
Library services closure FAQs
I borrowed items from the library and now you’re closed – what do I do? Will I get fines?
- Items have been renewed until 11 May 2020.
- All overdue charges and fines have been suspended. You will not get any fines as a result of the closure.
- We are no longer accepting items through the returns chutes. Please hang on to your items until we reopen.
Why can’t I reserve items in the catalogue?
- This function has been disabled to avoid excessive wait times for items when the libraries re-open. You can still reserve ebooks and eaudiobooks on Borrowbox, RB Digital and Overdrive.
I’m not a library member, I would like to join so I can use all those great eresources!
- Great! You can join online or ring one of the libraries between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday to register. We will post your card to you so you can take full advantage of our online resources.
I rely on the library for internet access, what can I do?
- The public WIFI will remain on and accessible within a short distance outside the library buildings.
Can I get library items delivered to me via the Home Library Service?
- People who are ill for an extended period of time, frail or have a disability can apply to have library material delivered every 4 weeks
Can I borrow items from other libraries? What if I already arranged an inter-library loan?
- We are not placing new requests for interlibrary loans or lending materials to other libraries during the closure.
- Items we have received for borrowers are being held until we reopen. We can negotiate extensions on loans if required.
Can I return items at the moment using the returns chutes?
We're not currently accepting any returns, including via our returns chutes located at the front of our libraries.
If you have a library item, please hold onto it until we re-open. No overdue fees or chages will be issued during this period.