Books to your door
While Moreland libraries are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering a contactless home delivery service. Books to Your Door is offered only to Moreland residents.
Books to Your Door is a contactless delivery of 10 books each month during library closure. Books do not need to be returned while our libraries are closed, please hold onto them until our libraries are able to re-open.
You will be able to choose from different categories listed on the online form and staff will select books in those categories.
Register your interest and a staff member will contact you.
Alternatively you can reserve your own items and library staff will contact you when the reserves arrive. A delivery driver can deliver your reserves if you are a Moreland resident.
Please note that due to the overwhelming demand for both of these services there is a waiting period for deliveries. We have loaned over 3000 items via Books to Your Door in just two weeks and brought on five additional staff to assist with deliveries and keep up with demand.
The following terms and conditions apply to all members of Moreland Libraries opting in to Books to Your Door home delivery service.
· To receive delivery library members must register via the library website or by arrangement with library staff.
· The service is only available to Moreland Library members residing in the municipality of Moreland. Moreland residents who are not library members can apply for library membership via the Moreland City Libraries website.
· Only one delivery per household per month is available.
· This service is governed by Moreland Libraries conditions of membership.
· Standard loan periods for library items have been suspended. Library items will be loaned to customers until the library reopens.
· Library items will not be collected from residences. Customers receiving home deliveries accept responsibility for returning items to a branch of Moreland Libraries when libraries and book chutes re-open.
· Library items that are received via the Books to Your Door delivery service will not incur late fees during the time of library closure.
· Library items that are received via the Books to Your Door delivery service and become lost or damaged while on loan will incur a fee equal to the original cost of the item, plus a processing fee.
· Customers receiving Books to Your Door deliveries must ensure safe and unobstructed access to the allocated drop off point of their residential property at the agreed delivery time. In particular, gates must be unlocked and easy to open, the path from street to front door must be clear of any hazards, and animals must be contained away from the area between street and front door.
· Deliveries will be contactless. Library items will be left at the allocated delivery point during the agreed time frame for delivery. Customers must remain indoors during delivery if at home. The front door must remain closed during delivery and library staff must not enter the residence.
· Responsibility for library items passes to the customer on delivery of items to the residence. The customer is responsible for any items left unattended/uncollected at the allocated drop off point.
· Only residential properties are eligible for delivery. There will be no deliveries to businesses, shops, schools, hospitals, aged care facilities or community centres.
· Library staff may opt not to undertake a delivery if doing so is deemed by that staff member to be unsafe.
· While every effort will be made to complete deliveries in a timely fashion, wait times for deliveries may vary depending on demand on the service.
· These terms and conditions may be updated as circumstances relating to the COVID-19 pandemic and library service delivery change.
IMPORTANT: While measures are in place to minimise the risk of transmission of disease for customers receiving deliveries, all customers opt into this service at their own risk. Under no circumstances will Moreland Libraries be held liable for any illness or injury incurred by customers as a result of the delivery of this service.