1000 Books Before School
Moreland City Libraries is participating in 1000 Books Before School to promote early literacy skills.
Reading just ten minutes a day can instil a lifelong love of books and learning in young children so jump on board our pre-school reading initiative!
How 1000 Books Before School works:
- Register for free at any Moreland City Library to receive your reading kit. A library membership is required to join the program.
- Mark, colour or sticker your Reading Record each time you read together with your child.
- Each time you reach a milestone in your Reading Record, bring it in to any Moreland City Library for a special reward.
- Every book that your child completes, or actively listens to, counts – this includes stories read at Storytime sessions, day care, playgroup, kindergarten, as well as the same book repeatedly.
- The program finishes once your child reaches 1000 books or starts school.
Check out our FAQs (DOC 51Kb) for more information.
Victorian Premiers’ Reading Challenge
The Premiers’ Reading Challenge is a fun way of encouraging children to read. Premiers Reading Challenge books are easy to find. Just look for the colour coded stickers on the book spine. You can also search for books, by age category, using the library website or visit Premiers' Reading Challenge
The Children’s Book Council of Australia presents annual awards to books of literary merit, for outstanding contribution to Australian children’s literature. Every year Moreland City Libraries celebrates these books at storytimes.
Watch the special Shortlist announcement on Youtube
Download the 2020 Shortlist in PDF CBCA Shortlist - 2020
Winner and Honour Books: Announced at noon AEDT on Friday, October 16, 2020.
For more information visit www.cbca.org.au
Inside a Dog
Inside a dog is a place for teen readers to find great reads, share reviews, discuss books and gain insight into authors' thoughts.