I would like to join the library
You can join Moreland Libraries for free. Membership is open to all Victorian residents. Library membership gives you access to borrow books, magazines, CDs, DVDs, eBooks and online learning.
When you join you will receive a library membership card with your name, an ID number and barcode. You can use your library card to borrow, renew or reserve items. You can also use computers at any Moreland library.
How to join the library online
- Read the Conditions of Membership (listed under the heading 'Joining Moreland libraries and borrowing items') and click Accept.
- Choose the category which best describes you and click Submit.
Adult – 18 years+ or
Junior and teen – under 18 years old. Juniors and teens, you will need to nominate a guarantor to complete your membership to allow access to library internet.
- An email with a temporary borrower number will be sent to your email.
- Adult members will receive an email with a library card number within three working days. Library cards will be posted in the mail.
- Guarantors nominated by a junior member will receive an email with a link to a form that can be completed online. Once the form has been completed, they will receive an email with the full library card number within three working days. Library cards will be posted in the mail.
- You can also visit a Moreland library with your temporary number and proof of your current address to complete your registration and receive your library card. If you are a junior member, your guarantor will need to visit with you.
Visit a library to join
- Visit a Moreland library with proof of address (e.g. driver’s license, health care card, rates notice).
- Ask the staff for a Membership form. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must sign the form, which includes application to use the internet at our libraries.
- We will give you a membership card and you can borrow from Moreland Library immediately.
My membership card has expired
Library memberships automatically expire three years after joining. Once your membership expires, you will need to come into the library with proof of address to verify your details.
I have lost my library card
Report lost cards by contacting your local library. We will then cancel your card. You will need to pay $3 for a new replacement card and visit a Moreland library with identification that has proof of address.