Stand for Council community and candidate information sessions
Come along to an interactive two-hour online session to find out how to stand as a candidate.
Come along to an interactive online session to find out more about running for council in this year's elections. Hosted by MAV (Municipal Association of Victoria), the two candidate information sessions will be held on Zoom on Wednesday 5 August at 6pm and Thursday 6 August at 10am.
Sessions will be held via Zoom and will provide community members and prospective candidates with information about the role and purpose of local government and the role, responsibilities and expectations of a councillor, and the electoral process.
They will include the following information:
- The role and purpose of local government
- The new Local Government Act 2020
- Introduction to your council and information on the municipal area (presented Moreland’s CEO)
- Roles, responsibilities and expectations of a councillor (planned to be presented by a visiting CEO)
- The experience of being a councillor; and
- The electoral process and campaigning including key dates and information provided by the Victorian Electoral Commission
Municipal Association of Victoria