An event for the whole family with live music, stalls, food, kid's activities and much more.
The Glenroy Festival is an annual event that celebrates the diverse community of Glenroy, featuring music, dance and art, community stalls, delicious food and drink and kid's art and sports activities in the lovely surrounds of Bridget Shortell Reserve.
2019 Program now available
The 2019 program is now live and set to be a huge day for Glenroy featuring:
- Glenroy Central Primary School Choir
- Dance performances by Bal Sansar and Glenroy Calisthenics
- Hiphop heavyweight and FReeZa Push Start Grand Finalist Nomad
- Modern Taranta-pop and traditional Italian folk musicians The Rustica Project
- Bashka, presenting dance music from the streets of Turkey
- Glenroy born-and-bred country rock 6-piece Rattlincane
- Local soul legend Kylie Auldist
- MC support from the fabulous Neda Rahmani
- Drumming workshops by African Star Dance and Drumming Company,
- Sustainable jewellery making workshop by Northcity4 and Counihan Gallery in Brunswick,
- Chance to rent out a 'human-book' via Living Libraries by Moreland City Libraries,
- Kid's arts exhibition and contest by Glenroy Lion's Club
- Community stalls, local traders, delicious local food and drinks
- View and experience artworks by the Glenroy Special Commission, 'Glenroy Calling', recipient artists
Go! Glenroy Go! by Liz Walker
Using precut wooden figures that represent each community member, participants are invited to paint, decorate and dress 'themselves' using natural materials, recycled fabrics and embellishments. Once completed the figures will be joined together in a bright festoon representing the community of Glenroy.
re(lu)minescence by Madz Rehorek and Tito Ambyo
Journalists and artists Madz and Tito have been researching, interviewing and collaborating with Glenroy residents to explore the stories and the journeys of the peoples and places that make Glenroy what it is today.
They will present a series of paste-ups and an outdoor exhibition to give visitors to Glenroy Festival a glimpse of the richness and diversity of the suburb.
We look forward to seeing you in Glenroy.
Moreland City Council
Phone: 9240 1111