The Visible / Invisible Project - Street Gallery
artworks by artists with disabilities displayed in public spaces
Not all disabilities are obvious, some are hidden or invisible.
For every person who has a visible disability, there are at least four who have an invisible disability. This can include autism, low vison, hearing loss, ADHD, MS and other chronic illnesses and lived experience of mental illness.
This lack of recognition and understanding can lead to discrimination and judgements from others. Don’t assume. Disability comes in many forms.
The Visible / Invisible Street Gallery aims to raise awareness of invisible disability and to celebrate International Day of People with Disability 2019. Artworks displayed are created by artists with disabilities responding to the theme of invisible disability will be displayed in these locations:
- Glenroy Customer Service Centre, 796N Pascoe Vale Rd Fawkner
- CB Smith Reserve - Jukes Rd
- Fawkner Library
- Merri health
- Fawkner Community House
- Fawkner Senior Citizens Brunswick
- Edinburgh Castle Hotel window, 681 Sydney Rd
- And Also Presents wall,33 Saxon St
- Coburg Brotherhood of St Laurence/ NDIS office,1A Louisa St
- Coburg Library windows, Cnr Victoria St and Louisa St
Audio Description tour available on Monday 9th December, book by Thursday 5th December through firstname.lastname@example.org
Moreland City Council
Katrine Gabb, Metro Access Officer
Phone: 9355 4263