Explore and Grow Playgroup
A garden playgroup for children and their carers.
Each week there will be an optional activity for children, nature play and a little gardening for adults, the playgroup will have their own bed within the garden.
Most activities are aimed at children aged 2 - 5 years, however younger children are welcome.
Parent/ carer must supervise children at all times. This is an outdoor playgroup and will run in all weather conditions so please dress accordingly.
All sessions run 1pm - 2.30pm.
- Wednesday 8th May - Explore- get to know the garden with a touch and smell tour, what to plant now plan, scavenger hunt
- Wednesday 15th May - Dig and Plant seed planting in mini-pots, adding compost to beds, planting seedlings, trucks in the sandpit.
- Wednesday 22nd May - Pea Tee-pee trellis- planting seeds- mulch
- Wednesday 29th May - Flowers and Herbs flower collecting and planting- companion plants basics, herbal tea tasting.
- Wednesday 5th June - Bugs and Bees bug hotels, insects in the garden
- Wednesday 12th June - Watering and Weeds, watering- how to do it well, making binoculars for kids and a weed walk
- Wednesday 19th June - Harvest know how, scented play dough and seed-pod pressing, picnic.
Moreland Community Gardening Inc