Making it in Moreland
Arts Moreland presents Making It In Moreland, an annual series of free online workshops and discussions for our local arts and creative industry. Facilitated by industry experts, these weekly events will offer practical, accessible and useful content for your arts practice and well-being and focus on ways artists and makers can Survive, Adapt and Recover from the impact of COVID-19.
PART ONE: Survival provides skills and advice required to deal with the immediate COVID-19 situation.
- Financial wellbeing and literacy workshop with Scott Malcolm (10am, Wed 13 May)
- Writing winning grants with Debby Maziarz (10am, Wed 20 May)
- Presenting work online with Laura Milke-Garner (10am, Wed 27 May)
VIDEO / PowerPoint Presentation (PDF 2Mb) / Additional Resources (PDF 239Kb)
PART TWO: Adaptation responds to artists feedback as new requirements become apparent.
- Reimagining your career with Kath Melbourne (12pm, Wed 3 Jun)
- Protecting your copyright online with Suzanne Derry (12pm, Wed 10 Jun)
- In conversation with Moreland Writers in Residence (4pm, Sat 20 Jun)
- Works from the Moreland Writers in Residence (VIDEO)
- Q&A with the Writers In Residence (VIDEO)
PART THREE: Recovery includes a series of workshops looking at arts practice after COVID-19.
- Making Art Public in Moreland (12pm, Wed 24 Jun)
VIDEO / PowerPoint Presentation - Emily Cormack (PDF 2Mb) / PowerPoint Presentation - Leon Van de Graaff (PDF 1Mb)
- Setting up an art space in Moreland (12pm, Wed 1 Jul) - VIDEO with captions / PowerPoint Presentation (PDF 3Mb).
Making it in Moreland will be presented via various online platforms, details of which will be shared upon registration.
Artists, musicians, film makers, writers, makers, designers, creative practitioners, event managers and arts professionals
Moreland City Council
Angela Pamic, Arts Officer, Arts and Culture
Phone: 9240 2486