Living and Ageing Well in Moreland Framework
The Living and Ageing Well in Moreland Framework is aimed at improving the health and wellbeing of older people living in Moreland.
It brings together existing policies, strategies and external partnerships, introduces new initiatives, and outlines Council’s commitment to delivering timely and responsive support to Moreland’s older community members.
The framework was developed in consultation with community and with the support of an Older Persons’ Reference Group which was made up of members with diverse experience and backgrounds across the municipality.
Council endorsed the Framework at its 12 June 2019 Council meeting.
Some of the actions include:
- Encouraging older residents to have a voice and take an active role in local decision-making via consultations and engagement opportunities
- Providing a range of opportunities that are either low cost or no cost for older people to be physically active, including aqua programs, exercise equipment in local parks or walking groups.
- Advocating to the State and Federal Government to ensure older adults have access to adequate range of health and other support services
- Encouraging the design of housing to meet the needs of people with limited mobility and ensuring that the needs of older people are considered in Moreland’s housing initiatives
- Living and Ageing Well in Moreland Framework (PDF 652Kb)
- Living and Ageing Well in Moreland Framework (DOC 914Kb)
Contact Elly Gardner, Living and Ageing Well Officer
Phone: 0429 611 331