Current Service Delivery
On this page:
- Important notice: COVID-19 update
- What to expect at your appointment
- New parent groups
- Breastfeeding support
- Immunisation sessions
- Looking for more information?
Read the latest COVID-19 health care information for parents with infants and young children from the Department of Health and Human Services.
Due to the easing of COVID-19 restrictions we have returned to seeing all our clients face-to-face for Key Age and Stages (KAS) consults. If you would prefer a telehealth appointment, please call our team on 9240 1111 and select option 2.
You must continue to wear masks in our Maternal and Child Health facilities, and we will supply you with a face mask if you don’t have one already.
For further information on Maternal and Child Health, you can call our team on 9240 1111 (select option 2).
All our MCH centres have reopened and are back to seeing all families face-to-face for Key Age and Stage (KAS) consults.
Please note: If you or a person in your household has experienced a headache, fever, dry cough or shortness of breath in the past 24 hours, or if anyone has been tested or diagnosed with COVID-19 or been in close contact with someone who has, then you cannot attend a centre. Please call 9240 1111 and select option 2 to reschedule.
If you are attending a centre for an appointment, please bring:
- a surgical face mask (if you do not bring a face mask we will provide you with one)
- a clean blanket to cover the scales
- your child’s green book ‘My health, Learning and Development Record’
- a pen
If you are running late, please call 9240 1111 and select option 2 to reschedule. We are unable to accommodate late arrivals as we maintain physical distancing requirements and undertake additional cleaning.
If you need to make or change an appointment for your child next health check, please call the Maternal and Child Health booking line on 9240 1111 and select option 2 between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Conditions of entry to a Maternal and Child Health centre
- All staff and families attending a centre must be well and free of any illness symptoms.
- A fitted face mask must be worn over both yournose and mouth, and hand sanitiser must be used upon entry to the centre.
- All persons must answer COVID-19 screening questions and have their temperature checked on arrival.
- Physical distancing requirements must be followed. The only exception to this is when a nurse performs a physical assessment of a child.
Our drop in centre is open and is providing face-to-face breastfeeding support every Wednesday to families at our Coburg Maternal and Child Health Centre.
For further information you can contact our team by calling our booking line on 9240 1111 and by selecting option 2. Where possible we request for only the mother and child to attend the appointment.
Our Council-run immunisation services are still running and appointments must be made before you can attend. All sessions are at Coburg Town Hall, 90 Bell St, Coburg with plenty of parking on Urquhart Street.
Breastfeeding Support is available. Please speak to your MCH nurse for information or call our booking line on 9240 1111 and select option 2 to speak to our team.
The 24-hour Maternal and Child Health Line is always available on 13 22 29.
The 'Information for parents with infants and young children' factsheet from Victorian Maternal and Child Health Services is available below:
The Raising Children website has information about coronavirus and children.