Join our Advisory and Working Groups
Friday We're currently seeking applications to be part of the following advisory and working groups:
- Moreland Human Rights Advisory Committee
- Moreland Reconciliation Working Group
- Moreland Disability Working Group
The Moreland Human Rights Policy 2016 – 2026 identifies specific groups which are recognised as being at greatest risk of exclusion from social, economic and political life because of access barriers and discrimination. These are:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Migrant and refugee communities
- People with a disability
- Lesbian, gay, bi+, trans, gender diverse, non-binary, intersex, queer, asexual/aromantic people
What does it involve?
As a member of a Council Advisory or Working Group you have the opportunity to provide independent advice to council about strategies, programs and initiatives which increase access, inclusion and participation of people from priority groups in the community.
Members are sought for a period of 1 year and each group meets every 2 months, usually at Moreland City Council’s main site in Coburg. There is an expectation that members contribute some time outside of the regular meetings, but this is dependent on members’ availability.
The role of Advisory and Working Group Member is a voluntary position and support to participate can be provided.
Who can apply?
- Community members who live, work, or are Involved in a group or organisation based in the City of Moreland.
- Community members who have interest in human rights and inclusion and identify with one or more identified priority groups:
- Applications for the position of Disability Working Group Member are sought from people with disability.
- Applications for the position of Reconciliation Working Group Member are sought from people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
When do applications close?
Friday 14 February 2020.
How to apply?
Download the application form (PDF 68Kb) and submit via:
- Email email@example.com
- Mail to:
- Emma Sampson
Moreland City Council
Locked Bag 10
MORELAND VIC 3058
- Emma Sampson
Looking for more information?
Contact the following Moreland staff: