Local actions to prevent family violence
Preventing Family Violence in Moreland Strategy 2016-20 (DOC 264Kb) provides the framework for local actions by Council and community partners to respond to and prevent family violence in Moreland.
The Strategy is guided by a number of policies at national, state and municipal level, including:
- National Plan to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children 2010‑20
- Free From Violence - Victoria’s strategy to prevent family violence and all forms of violence against women
- Ending Family Violence: Victoria’s Plan for Change
- Safe and Strong, A Victorian Gender Equality Strategy
- Moreland Human Rights Policy 2016-26.
The Implementation Plan sets out the collaborative actions to facilitate change in 6 outcome areas for:
- Young people
- Older people and people with a disability
- Women and girls
- Diverse communities.
The Year 2 Action Progress Report (PDF 314Kb)from February 2019 provides an overview of projects currently underway to be implemented in 2019.