Moreland Council's partners work across the spectrum of prevention to response and at State, regional and municipal level.
Key partners - State
The Muncipal Association of Victoria support councils to deliver, partner and lead work in their communities to promote gender equality and family violence prevention and raise the profile of local governments' work in this area.
Local government resources to inform best practice are collated, including research, policy documents and other resources from other tiers of government and key Council partners.
Key partners - Region
Women’s Health In the North (WHIN) aims to strengthen women’s health, safety and wellbeing, with a focus on preventing violence against women, sexual and reproductive rights, financial independence/ economic participation and environmental justice.
Moreland Council is a partner of the regional Building A Respectful Community Strategy 2017-21, an alliance of 26 organisations that are committed to working together to prevent violence against women, led by Women's Health In the North. The Strategy's implementation is supported by a wide range of resources and tools developed by the alliance and their partners.
WHIN Northern Integrated Family Violence Services (NIFVS) leads the implementation of the Victorian Government's family violence reforms and integration of support services in Melbourne's northern metropolitan region. Information is provided about support services, resources for different client groups or service types, workshops and training as well as the Week without Violence awareness campaign in the third week of October.
Key partners - Municipality
Moreland Family Violence Network
The Moreland Family Violence Network is a group of professionals who represent Moreland service providers and government agencies. The purpose of the network is to coordinate family violence awareness raising, prevention and response.
The network is involved in:
- Week without Violence regional awareness campaign in the third week of October
- Professional development and training
- Advocacy and local partnerships for projects to respond to and prevent family violence.
Active Network member organisations, April 2020
- Anglicare Victoria - Family Services
- Arabic Welfare Inc. (webpage under review)
- Australian Muslim Women’s Centre for Human Rights
Community resources various languages
- Berry Street Northern Domestic and Family Violence Service (NDFVS)
- Better Place Australia Mediation and Counselling Services
- Centre Against Sexual Assault (CASA House)
Community resources in various languages
- Community Information and Support Moreland
- Djirra Aboriginal Women's Service
Community resources and fact sheets
- Drummond Street Services
- Elizabeth Morgan House Aboriginal Women's Service
- Good Samaritan Inn
- Kids First Australia
Caring Dads Program
- Mackillop Family Services - Family Relationships Centre Broadmeadows
- Merri Health - Family Violence Counselling
- Merri Health - Victims Assistance Program
- Merri Outreach Support Service
- Moreland Council - Community Development and Social Policy Unit
- Moreland Council - Aged Services
- Moreland Council - Children's Services
- Moreland Council - Maternal and Child Health Service
- Moreland Council - Youth Services
- Northern Community Legal Centre
Family Violence in the Australian Indian Community Project
- NorthWestern Mental Health
- Project Respect
- Salvation Army Crossroads Service
- Uniting Victoria and Tasmania - Financial Support Services
- VICSEG New Futures
- Victoria Police ND4 - Family Violence Investigation Unit
Community Resources and Fact Sheets
- Women’s Health in the North (WHIN)
- Women’s Information, Support and Housing in the North (WISHIN)
- YSAS Youth Support and Advocacy Service