Moreland Council's partners work across the spectrum of prevention to response and at State, regional and municipal level.
Key partners - State
The Muncipal Association of Victoria support councils to deliver, partner and lead work in their communities to promote gender equality and family violence prevention and raise the profile of local governments' work in this area.
Key partners - Region
Women’s Health In the North (WHIN) aims to strengthen women’s health, safety and wellbeing, with a focus on preventing violence against women, sexual and reproductive rights, financial independence/ economic participation and environmental justice.
Moreland Council is a partner of the regional Building A Respectful Community Strategy 2017-21, an alliance of 26 organisations that are committed to working together to prevent violence against women, led by Women's Health In the North.
WHIN Northern Integrated Family Violence Services (NIFVS) leads the implementation of the Victorian Government's family violence reforms in Melbourne's northern metropolitan region.
Key partners - Municipality
Moreland Family Violence Network
The Moreland Family Violence Network is a group of professionals who represent Moreland service providers and government agencies. The purpose of the network is to coordinate family violence awareness raising, prevention and response.
The network is involved in:
- Week without Violence regional awareness campaign in the third week of October
- Professional development and training
- Advocacy and local partnerships for projects to prevent family violence.
Network member organisations
- Anglicare Victoria - Family Services
- Arabic Welfare Inc.
- Berry Street Northern Domestic and Family Violence Service (NDFVS)
- Centre Against Sexual Assault (CASA)
- Department of Education and Training - Respectful Relationships Program
- Department of Health and Human Services
- FMC Mediation and Counselling VIC
- Kildonan UnitingCare - Hume Moreland Integrated Family Violence Program
- Merri Health - Family Violence Counselling
- Merri Health - Population Health
- Merri Health - Victims Assistance Program
- Neami National Brunswick
- Northern Community Legal Centre
- Salvation Army Crossroads Family Violence Service
- Victoria Police
- VincentCare Home Connect
- Women’s Health in the North (WHIN)
- Women’s Information, Support and Housing in the North (WISHIN)
- Moreland Council - Community Development and Social Policy Unit
- Moreland Council - Maternal and Child Health Service
- Moreland Council - Youth Services