National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides Australians who have a permanent and significant disability with funding for services and support to take part in everyday activities.
The NDIS also provides information and connections to all people with disability in their communities.
To speak with someone regarding the NDIS phone 1800 800 110.
Local Area Coordinators (LAC)
Local Area Coordinators help people start their journey with the NDIS. They provide planning and coordination for people with disability to maximise choice and control over the services they use.
This includes support to navigate mainstream services and increase their capability to be an active part of the community.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) is the local community partner in delivering the NDIS in Hume and Moreland.
Contact Brotherhood of St Laurence
Local Area Coordination (7-65 years)
Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI)
The NDIS is delivering early childhood intervention for children aged 0 to 6 years.
To make a referral you can access a referral form on the Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) website.
To find out more contact the BSL NDIS Early Childhood Intervention Services:
- Phone 1300 275 323
- Email NDIS Early Childhood Intervention Services
Brotherhood of St Laurence NDIS Offices
The Brotherhood of St Laurence have offices located in Broadmeadows and Coburg:
- Hume office - 1H Homemaker Centre, 1185 - 1197 Pascoe Vale Road, Broadmeadows
- Coburg office - 1A Louisa Street, Coburg
NDIS Mental health resources
To better understand the NDIS requirements when it comes to mental health, a series of information sheets have been developed.
- General information about how the NDIS can support your mental health (PDF 236Kb)
- Impairment and mental health in the NDIS (PDF 222Kb)
- Recovery and the NDIS (PDF 223Kb)
- Functional capacity and mental health issues (PDF 238Kb)
- NDIS and other services supporting your mental health (PDF 212Kb)
NDIS information session video
This video has captions you can turn on and off using the video controls.