Brunswick will become a state and national leader in fashion, art and creative design following an announcement by the State Government in 2018, to name the precinct the Brunswick Design District (BDD).
The BDD includes Brunswick’s industrial land zones and civic and cultural precincts that centre around the Sydney Road and Dawson Street intersection, and RMIT’s Brunswick Design Campus, home to a world-class School of Fashion and Textiles.
The BDD is a collaboration between RMIT University, Moreland City Council and the State Government's Creative Victoria to create opportunities and activity that support the development of the precinct. The aims of the BDD are to:
- grow local jobs and opportunities for design-related businesses
- attract high-potential startups and design entrepreneurs
- develop educational programs and pathways to employment
- encourage industry partnerships and collaborations
- develop support programs that explore and connect with local and export markets to accelerate commercialisation; and
- develop accessible and affordable community infrastructure
More information about the Brunswick Design District (BDD)