Councillor expenses and code of conduct
Councillors are provided with support to serve, engage with and represent the Moreland community.
The Councillor Support , Expenses and Resources Policy (DOC 119Kb) outlines the support expenses that are paid by Council as well as those expenses Councillors are entitled to claim reimbursement for. These expenses are all related to Councillors undertaking their duties.
In the Mayor's Speech 2006, Council committed to place Councillor expenses on its website, in line with other Councils, ensuring greater transparency.
- Councillor expenses 1 July 2018 to 29 June 2019 (PDF 506Kb)
- Councillor expenses 1 July 2017 to 29 June 2018 (PDF 814Kb)
- Councillor expenses November 2016 to 29 June 2017 (PDF 289Kb)
- Councillor expenses 1 July 2016 to November 2016 (PDF 544Kb)
- Councillor expenses 1 July 2015 to 29 June 2016 (PDF 768Kb)
Councillor code of conduct
Under the Local Government Act 1989, each Council must develop and approve a Councillor code of conduct.
A Councillor code of conduct:
- must include the Councillor conduct principles
- may set out processes for resolving an internal dispute between Councillors, and
- may include any other matters relating to the conduct of Councillors, which Council considers appropriate.
This document was updated within 12 months of the 2016 Council elections, in accordance with the Local Government Act 1989. Copies are also available from Council Customer Service Centres.