Election Candidate Information and Training Sessions
MAV’s Stand for Council
We are hosting two further candidate information sessions, this time developed and facilitated by the MAV (Municipal Association and Victoria).
The sessions will be held via Zoom on:
- Wednesday 5 August at 6 pm and
- Thursday 6 August at 10 am.
Council - Information sessions
No upcoming events were found. You can search the events calendar to find other events.
If you are thinking about running as a candidate in this year's local government elections, this workshop will provide information that will help you.
The sessions will provide community members and prospective candidates with information about the role and purpose of local government and the role, responsibilities and expectations of a councillor, and the electoral process.
They will include the following information:
- The role and purpose of local government;
- The new Local Government Act 2020;
- Introduction to your council and information on the municipal area (presented Moreland’s CEO);
- Roles, responsibilities and expectations of a councillor (planned to be presented by a visiting CEO);
- The experience of being a councillor; and
- The electoral process and campaigning including key dates and information provided by the Victorian Electoral Commission
To register for a session - https://cvent.me/GVlyRQ