Election Candidate Information and Training Sessions
If you are thinking about running as a candidate in this year's local government elections, this workshop will provide everything you need to know about how to campaign, connect with the community and what really happens inside a council.
The workshop will include relevant, accessible and comprehensive training on the business of local government and the journey from community member to candidate and (potentially) councillor.
You will get a comprehensive overview of the business of local government, the roles of councils, councillors and the electoral system.
Topics to be covered will be:
• What is local government
• How does local government work
• Council CEO and the administration
• What is the role of a councillor
• What is the role of council
• Key dates and candidate eligibility
• Understanding your council/ward
• Personal values and election platform
Book into a session now:
Council - Training and Information sessions
No upcoming events were found. You can search the events calendar to find other events.