Meeting dates and locations
About Council meetings
The central decision-making process of Council happens in Council meetings, which are attended by all Moreland Councillors. The Mayor is the chair of the meeting.
The Chief Executive Officer and members of the executive team also attend Council meetings, to provide information or advice when called on by Council.
Regular meetings of Council are called 'Council meetings'. 'Special meetings' of Council are also held occasionally, for matters such as the election of the Mayor or to consider matters of an urgent nature that cannot wait until the next Ordinary meeting of Council.
Council meetings are open to the community and citizens are encouraged to attend Council meetings to play their part in local governance. The Council Meeting Procedure Local Law 2018 (DOC 366Kb) and the Governance Rules (DOC 1Mb) (commencing 1 September 2020) outlines the procedures governing Council meetings.
Public question time
Council meetings provide citizens with an opportunity to ask questions of Councillors and to raise issues for Council to consider in its decision-making process.
COVID-19 update- Public Question Time during the State of Emergency
During the State of Emergency, Public Question Time at Council Meetings will not take place; and instead a Community Question Time will be introduced as follows for Council meetings:
1. Community questions must be submitted online before 5 pm of the day of the Council meeting.
2. All questions submitted will be circulated to Councillors and receive a written response and be included as an attachment in the Governance report of the following Council meeting.
3. At the discretion of the Mayor, a maximum of three community questions submitted online before 5 pm may be read out by the Mayor and answered at the Council meeting, to take place during the 'welcome’ item in the Order of Business.
Submit a question
Upcoming Council meetings
Council meetings are held in the Council Chamber, Moreland Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street, Coburg, 7 pm on the second Wednesday of each month, unless otherwise stated below. During the COVID-19 pandemic, meetings will be held via video conferencing.
Additional Council meetings are held for specific reasons, such as considering budget submissions. These meetings generally commence at 6 pm and are held in the Council Chamber, Moreland Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street, Coburg.
The agenda for the upcoming Council meeting is available online.
2020 Council meeting dates
- 4 February (Special Meeting)
- 12 February
- 11 March
- 25 March (Special Meeting)
- 8 April (cancelled due to COVID-19)
- 13 May
- 10 June
- 8 July
- 12 August
- 9 September
- 21 September (Special Meeting)
- 28 September (Special Meeting)
- 14 October
- 9 December
Council live streams video of most Council meetings. Visit live streaming to watch the next Council meeting live online and watch recordings of previous meetings
Following the meeting, minutes of the Council meeting are placed on the website.