Next Council meeting agenda
Accessing Council meetings
Viewing the Council agenda
The next Council meeting is on Wednesday 12 June 2019 at 7 pm in the Council Chamber, Moreland Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street, Coburg.
You can view the agenda for the next Council meeting on this page from the Friday evening before the meeting.
To receive an automated email when an agenda is added to this page, select the 'Subscribe to updates' button at the bottom of this page.
Live streaming of Council meetings
Moreland City Council live streams video of Council meetings. Visit the live streaming page to watch the next meeting live online and recordings of past meetings.
An interpeter can be made available at a Council meeting, however a week's notice is required. If this service is required please contact Council on 9240 1111.
Select the 'Subscribe to updates' button at the bottom of this page to receive an email when an agenda is added to this page.
Council meeting agenda
Wednesday 12 June 2019 - 7 pm
- Council meeting agenda (PDF 108Mb) or Council meeting agenda (DOC 78Mb)
- Council meeting agenda - no attachments (PDF 2Mb)
Leave of absence has been requested from Cr Tapinos – 17 June 2019 – 30 July 2019.
Leave of absence has been granted to Cr Carli Hannan - 11 April 2019 to 12 August 2019.
3. Declaration of Interests and/or Conflicts of Interest
4. Confirmation Of Minutes
The minutes of the Council meeting held on 8 May 2019 and the Special Council meeting held on 3 June 2019 be confirmed.
5. Minutes / Reports of Special Committee
7. Question Time
8. Council Reports
DCF37/19 Moreland Integrated Transport Strategy (MITS) Ten Year Capital Works Program for Pedestrians and Cyclists and Advocacy Plan - Council Action Plan Item (D19/176008)
- DCF38/19 Moreland Integrated Transport Strategy (MITS) - Parking Implementation Approach and Principles - Council Action Plan Item (D19/176204)
- DCD11/19 Aged Care and Disability Reforms - Council Action Plan Item (D19/149753)
- DCF39/19 Better Planning and Development Outcomes Through Additional Urban Design Resources - Council Action Plan Item (D19/168549)
- DCD12/19 Draft Sport and Active Recreation Strategic Framework - Council Action Plan Item (D19/194312)
- DCF40/19 Better Outcomes for Two Dwellings On A Lot - A Review of Dual Occupancy Development in Moreland - Council Action Plan Item (D19/161053)
- DCD13/19 Living and Ageing Well in Moreland - Framework and Action Plan for Endorsement - Council Action Plan Item (D19/185390)
- DCF41/19 Proactive Planning Enforcement and Improved Planning Services - Council Action Plan Item (D19/185009)
- DCD14/19 Full Potential: A Strategy for Moreland's Young People - Draft for Consultation (D19/191048)
- DCF42/19 Essendon Fields Airport - 2019 Preliminary Draft Master Plan Submission (D19/172101)
- DCI9/19 Public Place Recycling Trial and Soft Plastic Trial Conclusion (D19/189637)
- DCF43/19 Achieving Zero Carbon in the Planning Scheme (D19/185663)
- DCF44/19 Amendment C185 - Glenroy Library Rezoning - Decision Gateway 3 - Consider Adoption of Amendment (D19/174267)
- DCF45/19 Amendment C169 - Advertising and Club Signage in Open Spaces - Decision Gateway 3 - Consideration of the Panel Report and Adoption of the Amendment (D19/91497)
- DCF46/19 Laneway Closure Bonwick Street Streetscape Upgrade (D19/157924)
- DEP5/19 Redevelopment of 33 Saxon Street - Update (D19/177053)
- DBT11/19 Councillor Code of Conduct Review (D19/192370)
- EMF19/19 Procurement Policy Annual Review (D19/185486)
- DCF47/19 Page Street, Coburg Road Closure - Proposal to Place and Maintain Barriers to Permanently Block Motor Vehicles (D19/180057)
- EMF20/19 Discontinuance of Bernard Street, Oak Park (D19/168438)
- EMF21/19 Financial Management Report for the Period Ended 30 April 2019 - Cyclical Report (D19/165979)
- DBT12/19 Governance Report - June 2019 - Cyclical Report (D19/189037)
- DCF48/19 City Oval Stormwater Harvesting System - Tender Award (D19/198403)
- EMF22/19 Provision of Valuation Services Tender (D19/185588)
- EMF23/19 State Purchasing Contract for the Provision of Natural Gas - Large Sites (D19/189576)
- DCI10/19 Contract 789t – Provision of Asphalt, Quarry Products and Profiling Tender Award (D19/187783)
- DCD15/19 Contract 776t Food Supply and Packaging Services (D19/149676)
- DCI11/19 Contract 788t: Drainage - CCTV Surveys, Drainage and GPT Cleaning and Associated Works Tender Award (D19/156836)
9. Notices of Motion
- NOM22/19 Waiving Hall Hire Fee in Support of the West Papuan Radio Program Annual Fund Raising (D19/205064) – Cr Mark Riley
- NOM23/19 Greek Story Time at Moreland Libraries (D19/201597) – Cr Sue Bolton
- NOM24/19 Financial Support for Undress Runways (D19/201585) – Cr Natalie Abboud
- NOM25/19 Consistent Heritage Signage in the Pentridge Prison Precinct (D19/201607) - Cr Sue Bolton
- NOM26/19 Support for Homeless and People with Drug or Mental Health Challenges (D19/201623) – Cr Natalie Abboud
- NOM27/19 Call for Re-Direction of Federal Government Funds from East – West Link to Public Transport Infrastructure (D19/201627) – Cr Natalie Abboud
10. Notice of Rescission
11. Foreshadowed Items
12. Urgent Business Reports
13. Confidential Business
DBT13/19 Staffing Matter (D19/210119)
Pursuant to sections 77(2)(c) and 89(2)(a) this report has been designated as confidential by the Chief Executive Officer because it relates to personnel matters.