Human Rights and Inclusion Committee
The Human Rights Advisory Committee provides advice to Council to guide the implementation and monitoring of the Moreland Human Rights Policy 2016-26.
Purpose and scope
The Committee will focus primarily on the three goals of the policy which are to:
- Be an inclusive organisation
- Deliver inclusive and accessible services
- Promote inclusion and social cohesion in the community.
The Councillor representative is Cr Mark Riley
Selected representatives from up to 5 key organisations will be invited to join the committee.
Citizen membership of the committee will include up to 10 community members who live, work or study in Moreland, who have an interest in Human Rights and Inclusion. Preference will be given to those who identify with one of more identified priority groups:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- People from multicultural communities, migrants, humanitarian entrants, asylum seekers and those of diverse faiths
- People living with a disability, family members or carers
- People who identify as Gay Lesbian Bi-sexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer
Meetings will be held quarterly at a time agreed by the majority of members. Meetings will be scheduled in advance and agendas circulated at least one week prior to the meeting.