Family and Children's Services Advisory Committee
This committee advises Council on its delivery of family and children's services.
The Family and Children Services Advisory Committee strengthens and supports the community by building and maintaining a strong, cohesive children's services network that works to improve the quality of life for children and their families in Moreland and which assists Council in its faciitation, planning, advocacy and service provision role in children's services.
- Two Councillor representatives
- Council officers from Social Development
- Family and Children Services providers from Private Long Day Care, Community-based Long Day Care, Occasional Care, Family Day Care, Out of School Hours Care, Preschools, Maternal and Child Health, Playgroups, Primary Schools and Neighbourhood Houses
- Specialist Children’s Services from Melbourne City Mission, Broad Insight Group, Early Childhood Intervention Services, Yooralla and Noah's Ark
- Family Support Providers from Anglicare, Moreland Community Health Family Support and Lentara Uniting Care
- Community representatives from VICSEG, Neighbourhood Houses, Migrant Resource Centre, Lebanese Welfare Services, Australian Greek Welfare and CERES.
Meetings will be held three times a year. Date, time and location of meetings will be scheduled in advance and agendas circulated at least one week prior to each meeting.