Disability Working Group
The Disability Working Group aims to:
- give advice to Council on issues relating to disability, access, communication, participation and advocacy
- identify issues affecting people with a disability and to advocate and promote an awareness and understanding of these within Council and the community, and
- oversee and help to develop, monitor and implement the Moreland Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2016-20.
The Disability Working Group gives Council with a forum to discuss and address issues about disability and to guide the implementation and monitoring of the Moreland Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2016-20.
- Cr Natalie Abboud
- Cr Sue Bolton
- Up to 10 community representatives with lived experience in disability
- Moreland City Council Disability Planner
Meetings held 6 times a year, usually Wednesdays, 12.00pm - 2.00pm. The venue is usually at Moreland Civic Centre Coburg, unless otherwise arranged.
If you would like to join the Moreland Disability Working Group, please refer to the Terms of Reference below and contact Council's Disability Planner - firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 9240 1111.
Terms of reference