Pitt Street/Lygon Street Streetscape Improvement, Brunswick
Council is undertaking the design for streetscape improvements for the corner of Pitt Street and Lygon Street, Brunswick. The aim is to improve pedestrian amenity, accessibility, walkability, and presentation at this intersection.
We sought feedback on the draft concept plan for the upgrade of the Pitt Street and Lygon Street intersection in Brunswick in February - March of 2020.
We received a lot of positive and constructive feedback, the most common of which resulted in further investigative action and minor changes to the final design.
The final concept plan is available to view below. You can also request a hard copy via phone or email as per contact details below, or view the plans at the Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street, Coburg
This streetscape upgrade project is part of the continual implementation of the Brunswick Structure Plan.
We received feedback from community consultation in December 2019. The development of the draft concept plan included this feedback. The draft concept plan address safety, amenity and the presentation of the public area. View the community consultation findings at www.moreland.vic.gov.au/pitt-street-improvements.
The proposed design in the draft concept plan will:
- Improve accessibility for a diverse range of age and mobility needs
- Result in traffic calming through streetscape design
- Improve the look and feel of Pitt Street with new footpaths, raised pedestrian crossing, bin and bike racks and additional lighting
- Greening of the area through landscaping and a new street tree and
- Remove a loading zone on the north side of the Pitt Street intersection. This will provide space for a raingarden to collect and filter stormwater
Thank you for providing your feedback during community consultation held in November / December 2019, and then again in February / March 2020.
The summary findings of this first stage of consultation can be viewed here: Summary of consultation survey (PDF 35Mb)
Budget and timelines
- Budget: $30,000 (design)
- Design completion: July 2020
- Construction: 2020-21
If you have any queries regarding the project, please contact Ben Kazacos, Senior Urban Designer on 9240 1287 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org