Melville - Moreland Shopping Strip Streetscape Improvement, Brunswick West
Council is undertaking the design for streetscape improvements to the Melville - Moreland Shopping Strip, as part of Council’s Shopping Strip Renewal Program. The aim is to revitalise the area and improve the pedestrian amenity, walkability and presentation of the shopping strip.
Key improvements proposed:
- New footpaths including paving, kerb and channel
- Pedestrian threshold crossings
- Landscaping including trees and planting
- Street furniture such as seats, bins and drinking fountain
- Traffic calming treatment
Second Stage Consultation – Draft Concept Plan
The feedback received from the first stage consultation has informed the development of the Draft Concept Plan (PDF 1000Kb) (PDF, 1Mb)
The design seeks to address various issues including: improved landscaping and trees, improved traffic safety, better pedestrian environment, improved street furniture and lighting, and strengthening the identity of the shopping strip.
You are welcome to discuss and provide your feedback on the draft Concept Design to Council officers, in following ways:
- In person, speak to Council officer at the drop-in session outside Campbell Turnbull Library: Friday, 28 February 2020, 3-5pm
- Online, submit your comments online at email@example.com: Friday 21 February – Tuesday 10 March 2020
First Stage Consultation – Have your Say
Thank you for providing your feedback for Melville Moreland Shopping Strip with our team. The summary findings of the first stage of consultation can be downloaded here: Summary of consultation survey (PDF 364Kb)
Budget and timelines:
- Budget: $85,000 - design
- Design completion - June 2020
- Construction - 2020/21
If you have any queries regarding the project, please contact Council’s Senior Urban Designer, Tri Setyani on 9240 2471 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are documents on this page in PDF-only format. If you have trouble opening or viewing a PDF document, contact Council and we will arrange to provide the information in a format that suits your needs. See Council's accessibility page for further details.