Russell Street Precinct Improvement, Coburg
Council is upgrading areas along Russell Street, Coburg. The project aims to revitalise the area and improve the pedestrian amenity, walkability and presentation of the street. This project is a key action from the Coburg Streetscape Masterplan identified for implementation in 5 - 10 years.
Construction commenced in January 2020 and is expected to be completed by October 2020. The extents of works is shown overleaf on the Concept Plan. During construction, access will be maintained to all properties in the works area. Council will make every effort to minimise disruption to the adjoining businesses and residents.
A staging plan of the works can be downloaded below. The dates are indicative, and are subject to change. Major changes will be reflected as required on this web page.
Latest Update - Wednesday 2nd December
- Future updates will continue on this web page, and via email only. If you would like to receive email updates, please email Ben Kazacos at firstname.lastname@example.org via your preferred email address.
Please be aware of changes to local traffic conditions along the south end of Russell Street during these works.
- Insertion of bluestone kerb and channel at Page Street
- Hexagonal stone paving commences at Page Street
- Raised crossing construction commences at Page Street
- Installation of tactile indicators
- Application of road and carpark line markings
- Installation of outstanding furniture (bike hoops and traffic bollards)
Consultation – Have your say
Feedback received from the community consultation in March 2019 informed the development of the Draft Concept Plan to address various issues including safety, amenity, connections and the presentation of the public area. The summary of the consultation findings can be downloaded here: Summary of consultation survey (PDF 172Kb).
Budget and timelines
- Budget for design: $50,000, design completion: June 2019
- Budget for construction: $1.65M, construction completion: December 2020
If you have any queries regarding the project, contact Council’s Council’s Urban Designer, Ben Kazacos on 9240 1287 or email Ben Kazacos.