Bonwick Street, Fawkner - Streetscape improvements
Community engagement on the draft concept design for Bonwick Street Shopping Strip was undertaken for four weeks in October 2018. This engagement process collected a range of opinions, ideas, considerations and concerns from the community.
You can view the Bonwick Street Community Engagement Summary in:
- Bonwick Street Shopping Strip Community Engagement Summary (English) (PDF 852Kb)
- Bonwick Street موجز إشراك المجتمع (Arabic) (PDF 326Kb)
- Bonwick Street کمیونٹی سے رابطوں کا خلاصہ (Urdu) (PDF 325Kb)
- Bonwick Street ΣΥΝΟΠΤΙΚΗ ΠΑΡΟΥΣΙΑΣΗ ΚΟΙΝΟΤΙΚΗΣ ΣΥΜΜΕΤΟΧΗΣ (Greek) (PDF 277Kb)
- Bonwick Street Riassunto Dell'impegno Con La Comunità (Italian) (PDF 273Kb)
The community engagement has identified community interest in how the design will provide for parking and vehicle movements within Bonwick Street and the adjoining laneways. In response to what we heard from the community we are investigating how we can make some changes to the current draft design. Councillors will consider these
changes at the 12 December Council meeting.
You can view the next Council meeting agenda from the Friday evening before the meeting (Friday 7 December). You can also view a copy of the agenda at Council Customer Service Centres and libraries from the Friday afternoon before the meeting. See upcoming Council meeting dates and locations.
Draft concept design
You can view the existing Bonwick Street Draft Design Package in:
- Bonwick Street Shopping Strip Draft Concept Design Package (PDF 3Mb) (English)
- Centro commerciale di Bonwick Street Modello del progetto proposto (PDF 3Mb) (Italian)
- Δέσμη ιδεών προκαταρκτικού σχεδίου για τη λωρίδα καταστημάτων επί της Bonwick Street (PDF 3Mb) (Greek)
- Bonwick Street مفهوم التصميم في (PDF 3Mb) (Arabic)
- تصوراتی ڈیزائن Bonwick Street (PDF 3Mb) (Urdu)
Have your say
Consultation 1 - June 2018
The first phase of consultation was undertaken in June 2018 to seek community feedback on the streetscape improvement. Download the Report outlining initial community feedback (PDF 159Kb).
Consultation 2 - October 2018
The second phase of consultation was undertaken in October 2018 to seek community feedback on the concept design. Download the Bonwick Street Shopping Strip Community Engagement Summary (English) (PDF 852Kb)
View an animation of the Bonwick Street proposed design.
Moreland City Council – as part of its Shopping Strip Renewal Program – is going to be making some streetscape improvements to the Bonwick Street Shopping Strip.
The aim is to revitalise the area and improve the pedestrian amenity, walkability and presentation of the shopping strip.
Proposed key improvements might include:
- Footpath upgrade, including kerb and channels
- Laneway upgrades on both sides of Bonwick Street
- New pedestrian crossing
- Landscaping, including street trees and rain gardens
- Upgrade of street furniture as required.
The design phase is occurring in 2017-18 followed by construction in 2018-19.
Consultation, including an online survey and consultation sessions in Bonwick Street Shopping Strip, took place in June and October 2018.
Site analysis is completed, including a survey of existing conditions.
Together with community feedback, information gathered has inform the development of a draft concept plan.
Design completion is scheduled for early 2019 with construction scheduled for April 2019 - December 2019
If you have any queries regarding the project, contact Jessica Jones, Urban Designer, on 9240 2472 or email Council's Urban Designer.