Ross Street, Armstrong Street, Ryan Street and Batman Avenue, Coburg - Road reconstruction works
In 2018-19 Council will be reconstructing Ross Street (Gaffney Street to Rogers Street), Armstrong Street, Ryan Street and Batman Avenue, Coburg.
Consultation with residents was undertaken in May 2018 and the design was completed in August 2018.
The project is in the construction phase, with construction works commencing in December 2018 and programmed for completioin in June 2019.
The works comprise:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system and pits.
- Reconstructing the existing concrete kerb and channel.
- Reconstructing the existing road pavement.
- Laying of a new asphalt road surface.
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between the new kerb and footpath edge.
- Reinstatement of nature strips.
Budget and timelines
- Budget: $860,000
- Construction start date: December 2018
- Construction end date: June 2019