Henkel Street, Brunswick – Road Reconstruction Works
In 2019 – 20 Council will be reconstructing Henkel Street, Brunswick between Percy Street and Alexander Street.
Consultation with the residents was undertaken in March 2019 and the design was completed in July 2019.
Construction works set to commence in February 2020 and programmed for completion in June 2020.
The works comprise:
- Upgrading existing underground drainage system and constructing new pits
- Reconstructing the existing bluestone kerb and channel
- Reconstructing the existing road pavement
- Laying of new asphalt road surface
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between new kerb and footpath edge
- Reconstruction of footpath
- Reinstatement of nature strips
- Total length 420m
Budget and Timelines
- Budget $995,000
- Construction Start Date: February 2020
- Construction End Date: June 2020