Franklin Street, Coburg - Road reconstruction works
In 2018 Council reconstructed Franklin Street, Coburg between Rennie Street and Harding Street.
The project was completed in December 2018.
The works comprised:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system and pits.
- Reconstructing the existing concrete kerb and channel.
- Reconstructing the existing road pavement.
- Laying of a new asphalt road surface.
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between the new kerb and footpath edge.
- Reinstatement of nature strips.
- Total length: 145 metres.
Budget and timelines
- Budget: $290,000
- Construction start date: September 2018
- Construction end date: December 2018