Craigrossie Avenue & Wattle Grove, Coburg – Road Reconstruction Works
In 2020 - 2021 Council will be reconstructing Craigrossie Avenue between Strathearn Avenue and Wattle Grove and Wattle Grove between Strathearn Avenue and Shaftsbury Street in Coburg.
Consultation with residents was undertaken in March 2020 and the design was completed in May 2020.
The project is in the tender phase, with construction works set to commence in October 2020 and programmed for completion in June 2021.
The works comprise:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system and pits.
- Reconstructing the existing bluestone kerb and channel.
- Reconstructing the existing road pavement.
- Laying of a new asphalt road surface.
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between the new kerb and footpath edge.
- Reinstatement of nature strips.
- Total Length: 580 m
Image 1: Craigrossie Avenue – Before Road Reconstruction Works
Image 2: Wattle Grove – Before Road Reconstruction Works