Allard Park Playground Upgrade
Council's Open Space Team have developed a draft concept for the upgrade, which incorporates a blend of refurbished and contemporary play equipment and recycled materials.
The draft concept is themed around bicycles, based on the existing equipment and an increase in bicycle activity in the area.
Features of the draft concept include:
- A small bike track made from mounded soil, with a combination of surfaces and obstacles for young cyclists to navigate and experience around the circuit
- New playground equipment
- Proposed sculpture in the centre of the playground that utilises the existing decommissioned light pole and incorporating wheels and spinning characteristics
- A combination of recycle bluestone pitchers, recycled tyres, rocks and logs for balancing, standing and sitting will be installed in the playground. These elements will activate the space, create more variety and utilise the natural shade from the surrounding trees
- Proposed installation of exercise stations around the existing ovals
- Installation of picnic tables and a new drinking fountain.
Have your say
Residents and the wider community are invited to submit feedback on the draft concept plan (PDF 3Mb) until Friday 26 April 2019.
You can provide you feedback by:
- Email Council's Landscape Architect
- Phone 8311 4392
Once community feedback has been collected, the draft concept plan will be revised subject to feedback received.
Completion of this upgrade is planned for July 2019.