Perrett Street and Coral Street, Brunswick West - Road reconstruction works
In 2017-18 Council reconstructed Perrett Street and Coral Street, Brunswick West.
Consultation with residents was undertaken in May 2017 and the design was completed in July 2017.
Construction commenced in February 2018 and completed in May 2018.
The works comprised:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system and pits.
- Reconstructing the existing bluestone kerb and channel. The levels were altered to flatten the road and improve vehicle access into properties.
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between the new kerb and footpath edge.
- Reinstatement of nature strips.
- Total length: 200 metres.
Budget and timelines
- Budget: $560,000
- Construction start date: February 2018
- Construction end date: June 2018