Moomba Park, Fawkner - Play space upgrade
Funding was allocated in the 2017-18 Council budget to implement a play space upgrade at Moomba Park.
Proposed works were carried out to the Moomba Reserve play space and are very similar to those shown in the Moomba Park Play Space Draft Concept Plan (PDF 566Kb).
- Refurbishment of the existing play equipment
- New garden beds and tree planting
- Improvements to path network including connection from McBride Street to Merri Creek trail
- Removal and upgrading of park fencing
- Extensive tree planting for shade to car park and basketball half court
Works commenced onsite in November 2017 and were completed in April 2018.