Fleming Park, Brunswick East - Master Plan refresh
Grandstand and Redevelopment
In 2019 Council will be completing a number of small improvement works at Fleming Park, as well as develop plans for a Grandstand.
Fleming Park is one of the few active recreation reserves in the Brunswick East area, and is heavily used by the local community for dog walking, play, community meetings and formal sporting activities.
The previous master plan for the park was prepared in 2014, and with the increase in population in the area, and a number of capital works project planned for the next few years Council has been consulting with the community as part of refreshing the Fleming Park Master Plan.
Consultation on the Proposed Master Plan
Council sought submissions on the revised Master Plan, which assisted in formulating the Final Fleming Park Master Plan (PDF 48Mb) which is being presented for a decision at the Council meeting on 11 July 2018.
Community Reference Group
Council established a working group of local residents, general park users, and community group and sporting club users of the park to work as a connection between Council and the local community to discuss issues and opportunities to form recommendations to present to Council.
- Wednesday 11 April 2018 - Report submitted to April Council Meeting
- Thursday 12 April 2018 - Draft report open for public feedback
- Tuesday 17 April 2018 - Public drop-in session at Brunswick Bowling Club, 6.30 - 8 pm
- Saturday 28 April 2018 - Public drop-in session at Clarrie Wohlers Senior Citizens Centre, 10 am - 12 pm
- Sunday 13 May 2018 - Public consultation closes
- Wednesday 11 July 2018 - Final Master Plan presented for Council adoption
Download the Final Fleming Park Master Plan (PDF 48Mb).