Whitton Parade, Coburg North - Road reconstruction works
In 2015-16 Council reconstructed Whitton Parade, Coburg North.
Consultation with residents was undertaken in June 2015 and the design completed in September 2015.
The project is now complete, with works commencing in early February 2016 and finishing in June 2016.
The works included:
- Construction of a new underground drainage system and pits
- Widening of the road by 300mm so as to allow vehicles to park on either side of the road and still allow through traffic
- Reconstructing the existing concrete kerb and channel. The levels will be raised to flatten the road and improve vehicle access into properties
- Laying a new asphalt road surface
- Reconstruction of vehicle crossings between the new kerb and footpath edge
- Reinstatement of nature strips
- Total length: 407m
Budget and timeline
- Budget: $514,180
- Construction start date: February 2016
- Construction end date: June 2016
If you have an enquiry or would like further information about this project, please contact Council.