Stage 3 restrictions and testing blitz coming to Glenroy, Fawkner and Brunswick
Updated: Sunday 12 July 10:00AM
Starting Thursday 2 July, there will be Stage 3 restrictions, 'stay at home orders' re-introduced for 10 Melbourne postcodes.
The Moreland suburbs included are:
Glenroy, Hadfield, and Oak Park: 3046
Brunswick West: 3055
There will be a testing blitz for these suburbs in the coming weeks. Residents are all encouraged to get tested, even if you do not have symptoms.
A HUGE thank you to everyone who has already been tested. Testing is a reason you may leave your house under Stage 3 restrictions (medical care).
This testing will play a big part in getting our community tested and a better understanding on how this virus is spreading.
If you have symptoms, do not attend the mobile test site. You will need to be tested via a drive-through site or at another testing site to ensure we can keep everyone safe. See other options.
If you have symptoms and no car, call your local GP or the 1800 COVID-19 hotline
Pascoe Vale Central Cricket Club , located at Oak Park Sports & Aquatic 10 - 4pm*
- Drive through testing at CB Smith Reserve, Fawkner open 10am - 4pm*.
Important things to know
- Opening times may vary
- The closing time refers to approx. time last person will be seen. If there are long queues, the line may close before the scheduled time. If you arrive after 3pm, you may not be able to be tested.
- 5-12-year-olds can now be tested
- Children under 5 must be tested at Royal Children's Hospital
- No saliva tests are available at this stage – only nasal and throat swabs
What to do after you have your test
If you have symptoms, then you must self-isolate until you get your test result. If you do not have symptoms, then you are still encouraged to get tested but you do not need to self-isolate.
Stay safe and follow Victorian Department of Health & Human Services for the latest information.