Christmas/New Year operating hours
Moreland Council offices and services will be operating at reduced capacity over the Christmas/New Year period. Here’s what you need to know:
Emergency on-call and essential services
Running as normal
Garbage, recycling and green waste collections will happen as usual with some adjustments:
- If your collection day falls on a Friday it will be moved to Saturday for 26 December and 2 January.
Council offices and customer service centres
- All council offices (including customer service centres, Libraries and Maternal Child Health Centres) will close at 12pm (midday) on Thursday 24 December.
- The customer service desks at the Moreland Civic Centre in Coburg and all Maternal and Child Health Centres will reopen on 29 December 2020 and be open during normal business hours (closed on public holidays).
- The Brunswick and Glenroy Customer Service Centres are currently closed and will reopen at 8:30am on Monday 18 January, 2021.
- While our offices are closed you can still access services on our website and in-person payments can be made at Australia Post service centres.
All libraries and book delivery services will have the following holiday hours:
- Thursday 24 December, 9am to 12pm (midday) - OPEN
- Thursday 24 December at 12pm (midday) to 28 December - CLOSED
- 29 December to 31 December - OPEN
- 1 January to 3 January 2021 - CLOSED
- Monday 4 January - OPEN
- Library return chutes will remain open