Budget and strategic resource plan
Draft Moreland Council Budget 2020 2021
At the latest council meeting, Wednesday 13 May 2020, Councillors endorsed the Draft Budget 2020/2021.
Last year we heard from many in our community about what we should spend our money on. We created a budget simulator tool and hosted community-based pop-ups throughout November and December to gather your feedback.
We listened and incorporated that it into the Draft Budget 2020/2021.
Now the Draft Budget 2020 2021 has been endorsed by Council the Moreland community are now welcomed to have their say via our engagement platform, Conversations Moreland.
Submissions on the draft Budget are open until Thursday 11 June 2020.
Moreland Annual Budget 2019-2020
The Annual Budget 2019-20 was adopted by Council at its meeting on Monday 24 June 2019.
This year's total budget is $184.18 million, and includes the delivery important services such as support for the elderly, immunisation, early years learning, and the libraries and leisure centres located across Moreland.
Breakdown of the 2019/20 Budget
|Capital Works||$46 million|
|Community support and services||$15 million|
|Amenity and compliance||$7.3 million|
|Building and engineering||$6.1 million|
|Open space, maintenance, and street cleansing||$17.7 million|
|Waste services||$16.4 million|
Some of this year's budget highlights:
- $11.3 million upgrading, renewing and maintaining local roads
- $6 million upgrading, maintaining and building footpaths, bike paths and shared path bridges
- $8.7 million upgrading our local parks, open space and streetscapes
- $500,000 towards continuing 2 hard waste collections year
- $400,000 reducing carbon emissions by generating local renewable energy and using energy efficiently
- $437,000 upgrading 5 playgrounds
- $2.5 million creating 2 new parks in Brunswick.
Breaking it down: how is every 100 of the budget spent?
Download the budget
- Annual Budget 2019-20 (PDF 4Mb)
- Council Rating Strategy 2019-20 (PDF 1Mb)
- Council Fees and Charges 2019-20 (PDF 1Mb)
Hardcopies of the budget are also available for viewing at a Customer Service Centre from Monday 8 July 2019.
- Moreland Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street, Coburg
- Brunswick Customer Service Centre, 233 Sydney Road, Brunswick, and
- Glenroy Customer Service Centre, 796N Pascoe Vale Road, Glenroy.
Open Monday to Friday from 8.30 am - 5 pm.
Strategic Resource Plan
The Strategic Resource Plan is a plan of resources, both financial and non financial, required to achieve the strategic objectives adopted in the Council Plan.