Budget and strategic resource plan
Moreland Annual Budget 2020-2021
The Annual Budget 2020-21 was adopted by Council at its meeting on Wednesday 8 July 2020.
This year's total budget is $206.35 million, and includes the delivery important services such as support for the elderly, immunisation, early years learning, and the libraries and leisure centres located across Moreland. It also includes support for the community doing it tough due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some of this year's budget highlights:
- $6.24 million COVID-19 recover and rebuild package
- $7.65 million upgrading, renewing and maintaining local roads
- $5.44 million upgrading, maintaining and building footpaths, bike paths and shared path bridges
- $1.3 million to continue 2 hard waste collections per year
- $1 million towards a zero carbon Moreland
- $16.6 million towards the $30.1 million Wheatsheaf Community Hub project
- $3.13 million to create new parks in dense urban areas as part of A Park Close to Home
Download the budget
- Annual Budget 2020-21 (PDF 3Mb)
- Council Rating Strategy 2020-21 (PDF 1Mb)
- Council Fees and Charges 2020-21 (PDF 402Kb)
Hardcopies of the budget are also available for viewing at a Customer Service Centre. PLEASE NOTE: Customer Serivce Centres are currently closed due to Stage 3 restrictions - please see Council service updates here.
- Moreland Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street, Coburg
- Brunswick Customer Service Centre, 233 Sydney Road, Brunswick, and
- Glenroy Customer Service Centre, 796N Pascoe Vale Road, Glenroy.
Open Monday to Friday from 8.30 am - 5 pm.
Strategic Resource Plan
The Strategic Resource Plan is a plan of resources, both financial and non financial, required to achieve the strategic objectives adopted in the Council Plan.